What's happening on UAT's campus- A blog published by UAT Students.

Spring Break!

Spring break is one of my favorite breaks for a couple of reasons. The first being that the timing of it is perfect. With Christmas being around the new year, transitioning back into the swing of things can be somewhat taxing as UAT is basically year-round. Although this means you can still get your degree in less than three years. As good as this is, taking eight straight semesters without any breaks longer than a month or so, it can become fairly taxing. This is where spring break fits in perfectly. Coming in a few months after Christmas break, it gives me the perfect amount of time to get going, start to get overwhelmed, then take a break, and come right back in with all of the energy I had previously.

Most of the time I prefer to just take the time off and relax, but this time I will be making a six-hundred-mile journey to the far off lands of California. That’s where I actually grew up, down there in San Diego. So, coming back is always something I look forward to. Seeing the family, old friends, etc. It’s all so nice to have a break from school, and just go back to spend some quality time. I don’t know what I am going to do exactly yet, as I have never been one for itineraries, but it’s always a good time when I go back. One of my favorite parts is that I am able to have more nostalgia than I have gotten anywhere else. That feels kind of weird to say as its where I grew up, but it’s still the feeling I get. I have usually found that this is my favorite time of the year, and I hope that it is just as good for you as it is for me. This week is kind of light as far as blogs go from me, but with all of the preparation that’s going on, I’ll have plenty to talk about when I return. Have a good one everybody, I know I will!

Posted on Apr 3, 2017 3:03:16 PM by Shawn McCoy in Blogs

Shawn McCoy

Written by Shawn McCoy

Alumni who studied Game Design. Originally from La Mesa, California.