What's happening on UAT's campus- A blog published by UAT Students.

Introductory Post – Austin Lee

Hello! My name is Austin Lee and I recently started as a Student Ambassador at UAT! I’m currently in the Game Design program and this is my 7th semester here. I was born and raised in Upstate New York. I currently have two dogs living back home.

Xavier is a Husky Rottweiler mix and Simba is a Husky Rottweiler Lab mix.
    IMG_20161216_112803

Snapchat-1173984925

The both of them are wonderful and I wouldn’t trade them for anything in the world. Longboarding has been one of my hobbies for a few years now and it’s my only mode of transportation other than annoying my friends for rides.

Every now and then, I get the question “So how exactly did you get into Game Design?” From a young age, I was consumed in the world of games. As dorky as it sounds, It was all I would do when I came back home. Later in High School, I was on the robotics team for all Four years of my high school career. I had a great time during it and I learned a lot, but I soon realized that Mechanical Engineering wasn’t what I wanted to do for a good portion of my life. My father had always told me to “Pick a job that you like and you’ll never work a day in your life.” I took that to heart. I chose to go to school for Game Design and to this day, I haven’t looked back.

The school itself is one of the best experiences I’ve personally been a part of. I personally believe in all parts of my life that you get what you put in. If you put in a lot of work, it’ll come back around for you. I’m proud of everything I’ve done thus far. The next couple of weeks might tear me down, but I will come back stronger than ever before.

Posted on Jan 23, 2017 10:20:37 AM by Austin Lee in Blogs

Austin Lee

Written by Austin Lee

Game Design alumni, graduated in May 2017. Originally from Rochester, New York.