Take it from a Senior in College

Greetings and salutations everyone!

After quite the long break, I have returned to the University and am continuing on with my classes again!

For today, I have kind of a topic that has been on my mind and has been a recurring theme across anyone asking about what to expect from starting college. Well lucky for you, that is exactly what I'm here for!

For anyone about to enter college, specifically UAT, or just any school environment, I have some advice for you.

So, take it from a senior in college, cause here's what's up!

It all starts from somewhere. When I was in high school, I really didn't know what I wanted to major in. I knew for sure that I wanted to go to college, but it was becoming an ever increasing worry about what I would do. I can say that I found my passions rather quickly for someone my age, but for others, I can say that not everyone will have the easiest time with it.

Finding whatever you're passionate in can be a rocky road to travel. It could be involving something that you may not believe you could really take it further as a career, or perhaps the industry is a scary world altogether. Maybe we're not even sure if college is the right choice for us. Perhaps it's an overwhelming issue that we do not believe we can feasibly do this.

These are some thoughts that I had on a regular basis when I was younger. And by younger, I can't even really say too much because it hasn't even been three years since I took college seriously.

Take it from a senior in college,

That this isn't the easiest experience by any means, but it is rewarding all on its own. This step in our lives is that which we go back to a learning environment to hone a craft. It is here that we can truly have a secular environment to expand upon topics that go beyond our general education or preparation for the "real world". It is difficult. In it's simplest form, I like to think of it in the sense that "You get what you put in." If you put in the effort, you will be duly rewarded in the long run. But as difficult as it is, and as terrifying the experience may look from first glance, you are an incredible person for even considering this option, and if you choose to follow through with it in your life, then even better!

Take it from a senior in college,

As difficult as it may be, you are never alone. It's in a place like this that we can work with our professors to such an extent that they seem to be a part of our projects just as much as our peers. These superb individuals are masters in their own respective fields, and they are sharing our knowledge to further ourselves; the least we could do is to accept the extended hands they offer. Otherwise, college students are generally pretty chill (from a student standpoint). We all like to help each other, and we're here for a similar purpose, to learn, to play, and to graduate. You can meet some of the most incredible of people from your experiences in school!

Take it from a senior in college,

If you need to take it slowly, then take it slowly. If you find yourself falling behind, recognize your limits and let your professors know as well. I have never ran into difficulty within a classroom structure until my 5th and 6th semesters, where it was there I was taking the senior level classes here at school. I tried my best but even then I still found myself falling behind. It was a new experience for me, but it's really eye opening in the sense that I personally thought I could do everything, but I couldn't so it took me a bit more time than others to complete the same objective. There is no harm in taking your pace with things. Tailor a path for yourself that will best benefit you, because this is your education in question, so what better way than to have it best benefit you?

Finally, no matter who you are, what you major in, where you stand within the educational spectrum, you're doing an incredible job. You've kept everything up until this point, and you still urge yourself to push forward. If college is your next goal, then I'm sure you can flourish there just as you may your passion.

Whatever it is, I wish you the best, and here's to another semester! Six down, two more to go!

Until next time,

-Nicholas "TAE"

Posted on Sep 15, 2015 3:06:29 PM by Admin in Academics, in Blogs, in student advice, in Student Life, in UAT Life