A Final Break

Airport Map

Today I will finish my last final when I present a site that my team and I built this semester that interacts with an online database. Once that is completed, I can relax for a couple of days before heading home for a semester break. I am so excited to be going back home to Baton Rouge, for two weeks to see my family and friends. My niece turned two-years-old during this semester, so I am interested to see how much she's changed since I've last saw her.

Bridge www.watermarkbr.com 

Going home for break is a surreal time that I get to see some friends I haven’t talked to in a year, see my cat and dog, eat some good southern food, and take a break from being connected and surrounded by my major. Since I’ve moved to Arizona my life has been computer science and human computer interaction (HCI) 24/7, so it is refreshing to get away for a bit and focus on other things like watching movies, going to dinner with my family, and talking to people about anything but STEM.

Being home really allows me to focus on any projects I am working on outside of school, and that is something I also look forward to. I have a lot of catching up to do on WULF.DESIGN on the front and back end. I need to get in the habit of writing about CS or HCI topics again as well as figuring out what I’m going to do with the “code” section of my site. I also have to start getting it organized for my portfolio review that will be here before I know it.

Florida Coast Mark Hoeft http://www.thefloridacoast.com

My whole break won’t be in Louisiana, though. I am also going with my family and a friend to Florida to spend a few days on the beach for my birthday. I don’t think I’ll see my phone or laptop for a week while I’m out, and I am not going to complain for a second. It is important to be able to unplug for a little every once in awhile and wind down. I hope all the other UAT students have a great break, new students have a good move in, and I’ll see y’all in September for my final semester!

Posted on Aug 17, 2017 12:19:21 PM by Gage Roland in beach, in Student Life, in Break

Gage Roland

Written by Gage Roland

Majoring in Computer Science and Human Computer Interaction. Originally from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.