New Semester, Let's Get It Rolling!

Hello Everyone!

For those of you who are looking into UAT, there are a couple things that set us apart from the standard university, and that would be the Summer Semester! Now I know that staying in Arizona for the summer months wouldn't exactly be everyone's "cup of tea" (Unless it's homemade sun tea which I would highly recommend looking into!), but here at UAT, students have the opportunity to take various classes pertaining to their degree of choice during the summer.

So what does that mean?

Well it allows students to be able to fill out their education faster, and gives you something exciting to do over the summer!

Personally I am going into my third semester here at the school, and needless to say, I couldn't be happier. The school is going to be a little more spacious, as we have many students who opt to take the summer off to go enjoy it with family or in other states, but there's still the majority here going at it with school work and various projects.

At the very least, there are a plethora of events going on around the area during the summer months, such as the Phoenix Comicon, Anime Expo, and for those of you who are interested in Network Security like myself, we have Black Hat and DEFCON in July/August! It's a huge opportunity for the UAT students involved in such a program, and I look forward to a possible opportunity to attend the event. In the mean time, definitely check out some of the local events! Even if it's 110 degrees out, there are still ways to have fun in the sun! Or just sit back, relax and find a good game on your PC like I will be doing!

Until next time,

-Nicholas "TAE"

Posted on May 16, 2014 12:00:37 AM by Admin in Academics, in Advancing Computer Science, in Geeky Stuff, in Student Life