Why I Chose UAT

Jake Turocy - Why I Chose UAT Why I Chose UAT- Jake Turocy

The first time I heard about UAT was at a job fair during my sophomore year in high school. The booth looked interesting so I walked up and was greeted with a smile and a warm welcome as the man shook my hand and said Hello my name is Marcus and I want to talk to you about UAT.

The videos that were playing were showing off student work that looked really cool. He was talking to me about the campus and some of the cool stuff that goes on there. Compared to Full Sail and DigiPen, Marcus painted a picture of what college at UAT would be like and really sold the school to me.

So I registered to attend the Fly In Geek event, which was so exciting because I'd never been to another state especially as far as Arizona and this was my first time flying on a plane, so that was intense. When I first arrived on the UAT campus, I was stunned; it looked amazing to me. I loved how small the campus was. Then I was greeted by my Experience leaders who would watch over me. They showed me everything there was to see about UAT and I loved up to all the hype that was in store.

After Fly In Geek, I worked so hard to get into UAT. I remember filling out the essays to get here and it made me feel so confident. I was basically describing my personality and how I would love to innovate through technology.

When the letter came in the mail, congratulating me on being accepted, I lost it! I was so excited and I couldn’t believe that I was heading off to my dream college for my dream career path. I’ve been at UAT for 1 year and major is Game Art and Network Security.

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 2:10:08 PM by Jacob Turocy in best technology university, in Blogs, in fly-in geek, in Student Innovation Project, in campus visit, in college decisions, in UAT Life, in Game Studies, in Cyber Security, in People, Places, and Things

Jacob Turocy

Written by Jacob Turocy

Majoring in Game Art & Animation and Digital Video. Originally from Pennsylvania.