Photography - My Newest Passion

I’ve recently taken an interest in photography and what started out as taking a few photos of a beautiful Arizona sunset turned into something much more.

This all started when I went home for Christmas break and my girlfriend got a new camera. She immediately started taking pictures and they looked stunning. Then she asked me to take some and once I picked up that camera, it was hard for me to put it down and I knew that I wanted to get my own camera.

Once I got back from winter break, I checked out a camera from the bindery. At first I was lost because I had no idea how to configure the settings and choose the best lighting. A friend of mine who is a Digital Video major helped me with the settings and I was off listening to music and taking pictures. It was so relaxing and it was like I was in my own world. I feel like photography was a hidden art that I didn’t even know I had!

At first I didn’t know what to expect from taking photos in Arizona - I mean it's the desert so I didn’t think that I could get some good shots, but was shocked to find out that Arizona is actually beautiful. Below are some of my first shots.

interest in photographypasson for photographyinterest in photography2

I started my next big photography project when a group of friends and I went to Flagstaff, which was my first time getting to see the real outdoors of Arizona. It was exciting to see snow and a little weird because you don’t expect to see snow in Arizona, but it does exist. I was able to get some amazing shots in Flagstaff, but unfortunately my camera died the second day. I'll have to look into bringing a spare battery for occasions like this.

Photography has become my newest passion.

Below are some of my favorite photos!

photography beginnerinterest in photographynew to photographyintro to photography

Posted on Feb 16, 2016 3:57:04 PM by Jacob Turocy in Blogs, in Digital Video, in nature photography, in photography, in student resources, in interest in photography, in Digital Marketing, in People, Places, and Things

Jacob Turocy

Written by Jacob Turocy

Majoring in Game Art & Animation and Digital Video. Originally from Pennsylvania.