Pssttt Hey Kid.... Want Some Candy?

Don’t you think that hands are the wierdest thing in the world? I mean think about it- they’re these collections of bones with pieces of meat interwoven in which we control via electrical impulses to do specific things? Like for instances giving someone the bird, I’m litterally going “Hey look at this cool thing I can do,” or is that not what giving someone the bird means?... that would explain countless groundings… ANYWHO! I am once again Andrew Raabe the Super Cool Student Ambassador, back yet again to tell you about the cool happenings of going to this wonderful school called the University of Advancing Technology!  So, first as always, is what is cool going on at UAT? Well how about the start of a new semester?! I have officially started my 5th semester here at UAT and am absolutely loving it. What dear Andrew makes you love it so, you may ask? Well how about taking a class on the first six books of the Dune series? For those of you that don’t know Dune is probably one of my favorite book series of all time and not only do I get to re-read the best books from it- I get credits for doing so. Does it get better? No. The answer is no.

Next up we have our game watch! I recently aquired an indie pack containing around 100 of the best indie games of the last three years and I have been playing a lot of Space Pirates and Zombies lately. For those of you that don’t know- it is essentially a ship control game where you customize loadouts and specific actions that your ships take! It is extremely entertaining and really is a good game to play. If you have $10.00 laying around and are looking for something that will take up a good 60-80 hours of time I would recommend getting it =D

Lastly, we have our Student Government moment! Our carnival went over great and we had tons of on campus people show up! Thus meaning we need to keep this chain of wonderful events going! What better way than to have a free Magic the Gathering draft tournament?! That’s right at the end of the month we are going to be hosting a tournament for around 30 people in which we pick and pull cards slide it to your neighbor and compete for bragging rights on who is the better player as well as some promo cards! It should be a blast !

That’s all folks!

Lame Joke of the Day:  What's the difference between bird flu and swine flu?

Answer: If you have bird flu, you need tweetment. If you have swine flu you need oinkment.

Food for Thought!

-Andrew

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 4:48:18 PM by Admin in Geeky Stuff, in Student Life, in Game Studies