A VR Experience for the Ages

What's up all my dudes and dudettes! Time for another look into the mind of Edward The Extraordinary! So today we're going to talk about Virtual Reality and my experience with it as a whole :)download

So to start of here I really love VR! This type of technology is really interesting and unique in it's own right. I mean look back in the 80's and you would have never of thought that we'd be using our computers to put us in a lifelike virtual experience. It's really mind boggling how all this new tech works and the different possibilities that can come from it.

htc-vive-product-1

So for my experience with VR Tech, I actually got to set one of the systems up while I was working for IT. It was the HTC Vive and I really had a good time learning how to set it up. They really make it so easy a caveman could do it lol

After I got that little bugger set up I was able to test out some different games on it and I will say the process was really smooth. Once you put that headset on it's like you're transported into a whole new world. One game in particular has you shoot a bow and arrow at little people. You really feel like you're shooting this bow since the controllers have vibrations that get more intense the more you pull. Really makes for an immersive experience!

htc-vive-games-12

This is just one of the many amazing memories that I have with VR and hopefully I get many more in the future. Who knows maybe I'll even dual major in VR with the new BA in Virtual Reality.

Posted on Sep 16, 2016 4:16:28 PM by Edward Cieslak in Blogs

Edward Cieslak

Written by Edward Cieslak

Studying Computer Science at UAT. Originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.