Snail Mail

This week, I decided to switch back to snail mail and send a friend of mine a letter. He recently graduated from UAT, and is currently back home. We both figured that since we love getting letters from friends in the mail, maybe the other would also appreciate getting something that wasn’t a bill. As my grandma used to say, “People love it when you take time out of your day to do something for them. Even if it’s something really small.”

I thoroughly enjoyed my ethics class this week. Each class period, we have been presenting a topic and explaining the ethical dilemmas. My group chose to present some ethical genetic problems. We wanted to make sure we explained the technology available today, so the argument wouldn’t be “in the future, you can do [BLANK].” Those debates never go well. There was an article recently about a genetically modified salmon that grows twice as fast as a regular salmon. We decided this would be a nice article to present. On one hand, food could be created much quicker and with fewer resources than traditional methods. On the other hand, messing with nature may have unintended side-effects. Should we provide the genetically modified salmon in grocery stores? See ya next time!