What's happening on UAT's campus- A blog published by UAT Students.

My Journey to UAT

My journey to UAT began a bit later than many. After high school I already had a job that paid pretty decently but after doing it for years I realized it wasn’t what I wanted to do with my life. So I began searching for schools, with my chosen field of study: Game Design and Programming. Programming of course was pretty easy, but game degrees are still comparatively rare.

In my search, I eventually came upon UAT and was pretty happy with what I saw. As a result my girlfriend and I decided that we were going to pay a visit to UAT, despite it being on the other side of the country.

Roadtrip to UAT from Pennsylvania Roadtrip to UAT from Pennsylvania

So we packed up our bags and took a flight to attend a “Fly in Geek” event. Though its name has now changed the idea remains the same: come in, take a mock class, talk with admissions, financial aid, and even spend the night in the dorms with a current student.

I had a blast at the event and the time I spent in the city of Phoenix in general was really nice. It was this that spurred my decision to attend UAT. On top of the event itself, attending “Fly in Geek” also awarded me a scholarship for my first semester here which was a nice bonus. That fall my girlfriend and I packed up the car and drove across the country to attend the school and I haven’t looked back ever since.

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 4:43:31 PM by admin in best technology university, in Blogs, in game design degree, in Game Programming, in college visit, in Phoenix, in programming, in Scholarship, in technology, in technology school

admin

Written by admin