Music in Entertainment

Hello All!

So I really enjoyed writing about music in games I thought I might start a series of posts about music in all kind of entertainment. Things such as games, TV shows and movies. Music is such an underrepresented part of these medias and should be appreciated more.

Today we'll start with one of my favorite musicians: Ramin Djawadi

Ramin is most known for his work for Game of Thrones recently. He has some big titles such as working on scores for Iron Man, Open Season 2, Clash of the Titans, Medal of Honor, Person of Interest, and The Strain.

My favorite soundtracks from Ramin are the ones from the Game of Thrones series. He helps bring emotion to the story by playing specific themes at certain times. If you are a fan of the show and know the "Red Wedding" would it really be the same without the music? I have read the books and knew the story when I was watching it but sitting down with my mom who hadn't read the books really makes you realize how music can effect emotions. As soon as the Rains of Casamere started playing my mom knew something important was going to happen. The moment when the viewer can connect a theme song to a certain situation and realize what is about to happen is one of the best things witness as someone who appreciates music.

[su_youtube url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9SIS6wBxpI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi7KPDi_yQI&feature=youtu.be[/su_youtube]

Here is an interesting article to read about how this composers sit with the director and even on his own time watches scenes thousands of times just to create a piece that will fit that scene perfectly. Here.

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 11:45:04 AM by Admin in Blogs, in composer, in game of thrones, in Ramin Djawadi, in soundtrack, in the rains of castamere, in visual