Dragon Age - Be the Inquisitor

Hello all,

Recently my friends and I went to Game Depot, the local D&D shop, and decided to pick up a new book. The book is actually a table top game like D&D but only for Dragon Age. My friend spent all of yesterday reading the entire book and figuring out how it all works. As a huge fan of the Dragon Age series and lore I am super excited to play this campaign. As my friend describes it to me, the player can end the campaign as pretty much anything they want. You can end up as the Inquisitor of the first Inquisition. As all of the games start though, in this campaign you will start as a lowly adventurer. This allows for a lot of development and customization for the Dungeon Master and the players. I just created my character for this campaign and the entire process makes you feel like you are playing a Dragon Age. Your race doesn't matter much and there are only 3 classes you can choose from but there's an entire page of specializations that the players can choose from. What makes it even better is hat you can really customize you character because throughout your leveling you'll only get about 2 specializations. They even have an entire section for playing a Grey Warden.

[su_youtube url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-61i3R5y9Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi7KPDi_yQI&feature=youtu.be[/su_youtube]

My friends and I, in the past, have tried a homebrew, or a from scratch, version of a Dragon Age campaign. It worked out really well and my friend who actually created it did an amazing job in creating and applying all of the D&D 5e classes into Dragon Age. I miss my awesome Tal Vashoth Druid that lived in the forest outside of a town.  Unfortunately, the homebrew didn't work so well because of the players. One of our party members wanted to be a Grey Warden and attracted a lot of Darkspawn to us, which in the end killed us all. This of course was after we convinced an entire town that there were vampires running around and caused the town to set itself of fire to rid themselves of the evil....

Going from a homebrew to an actual designed campaign will bring forward a lot of new experiences that I'm really excited for.

Side note: if you haven't watched it already and are a fan of the dragon age series I recommend watching this Geek and Sundry mini series of Dragon Age: Redemption here.

That's all for today!

Karina

Posted on Aug 2, 2016 12:04:27 PM by Admin in Blogs, in d&d, in dragon age, in dungeons and dragons, in visual