Coming Soon: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Ever since I was little I was always way more excited about games than almost anything else.  Movies were kind of cool but I could take them or leave them.  No matter how good the movie is, it always feels like you're on the outside looking in.  Books can probably match the level of excitement I feel for games, though the time in between books can become exhausting.  Regardless though, it's hard to match the feeling of falling into a really good book.  Unlike with movies, it feels as though you can actually walk around the world and experience everything.  However, games have always held a special place in my heart and it's certainly a large part of the reason why I wanted to go into game design.  With games, you are actually exploring the world on your own and can change the flow of certain events.  When Deus Ex: Human Revolution came out I thought the game looked interesting though nothing particularly amazing.  I really liked the concept in general, about human augmentation and the resistance that would inevitably follow such a drastic change in humanity.  However, I wasn't really going to play the game because I probably wasn't going to buy it.  I don't pirate games, I have a lot of reasons for that of which I won't get into here other than perhaps to say there's no valid excuse to pirate games.

I did receive the game eventually though when I upgraded my computer and actually was given a free copy through a promotion that was running with my graphics card.  I only had to play the game once to fall in love with it pretty much instantly put my new computer to use.  The game had flaws to be sure, but honestly it's one of my favorite games.  I even eventually wrote a paper about human augmentation and some of the technology that is being developed right now.  So now with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on the horizon, it's like a new day is upon us!  There's no release date yet but after watching the trailer, I've gone back and rewatched every trailer and promo from Human Revolution.  Even found a couple I missed at the time like Purity First.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akaos1U8Rto

As a general aside: this is just a great way to sell a game with this kind of angle though for the record.  If you want people to visit this world then you should act as though you live it which is essentially what this promo does.  It's made like a viral guerrilla attack video.

For those interested though, here is the trailer for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.  If you haven't played Human Revolution then you should really check it out.  I might just play it again before this game comes out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2kd7F3YFz8

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 5:06:08 PM by Admin in Announcements, in Blogs, in Deus Ex, in Geeky Stuff, in Game Studies