Broadening your Horizons

Hello All!

Here at UAT our students have a hard time finding someone who isn't like them. On my first day of classes I thought I would be sitting alone at lunch but I ended up having an amazing conversation about The Last of Us. Students here have an easy time finding a group of friends. By the end of my first semester here at UAT I found and befriended my entire group of friends that I have now.

Although it's easy for our students to find others like them I really encourage the idea of broadening your horizons. A couple of my friends are Dungeon and Dragon players. Now, before, I never played it and I assumed that anyone and everyone who played it was a bunch of old men who played in their parents basement. I was really skeptical at first. My group of friends started playing it and enjoyed it quite a bit. Last semester, I found out that one of my friends was starting a new campaign and I thought it would be a good time to try it out. If I didn't like it, I could stop and if I liked it I could continue going.

Turns out I really enjoy playing D&D! It's a lot of fun and I always have a great time with whoever I play it with. This semester I am starting a new campaign with another friend of mine.

Trying new things while you can, can be surprisingly fun. When your group of friends try things with you it makes it even better!

That's all for today guys!

Karina

Posted on May 12, 2015 10:31:55 AM by Admin in Blogs, in d&d, in dungeons and dragons, in trying new things, in UAT Life