UAT Study Abroad: Return of the Molly

It's been a crazy few months, but I'm going to try my best to shorten it. In Fall 2013, I had the opportunity to study abroad in Orléans, France at a school called ÉSAD Orléans.

[su_gmap address="14 Rue Dupanloup, 45000 Orléans, France"]

I spent about four and a half months there, and it was really difficult, but it was also fun. Orléans is completely different from Tempe. To start with, half the city has cobblestone. The streets are incredibly narrow, so there were parts of the city that were inaccessible by car, unless you had a permit.

The first few weeks mainly consisted of exploring the area. At that point, I didn't know any French, so it was usually pretty difficult to read signs and understand people when they spoke.

From that point on, it seemed like I was always working. The classes in France were much longer than I was used to. One of them was all day! I was taking about six classes. Some of them were simple, like the class where we practiced using . Some of them seemed really difficult, like French. At times, it was really tough and I felt discouraged. Luckily, I had a little international family there to help me.

There were fifteen international students studying at ÉSAD Orléans that semester, from Spain, Germany, Greece, Czech Republic, Israel, and the United Kingdom. After we first met, we decided to have a potluck dinner, where we would cook food from our countries. After that, we ate dinner together almost every weekend.

In addition to visiting Orléans, I was also able to visit Paris, Versailles, and Brussels, Belgium. So here's a bunch of pictures from that!

[gallery ids="1665,1662,1660,1657,1656,1655,1653,1651,1652,1650,1647,1646,1643,1641,1642,1640,1637"]

Posted on May 21, 2014 10:59:55 AM by Admin in Academics, in Student Life, in study abroad